Wednesday 17 August 2011

help out independent record labels

I don't normally do announcements of this kind but I just noticed on this statistics thing that the number of people who read this blog on a monthly basis was a little higher than I thought, so I thought this might be a good place to post this information that is related to the kind of thing I usually write about.

It's not a new story by now, but in case you didn't know, PIAS, the UK's largest distributor of independent music had it's stock destroyed in a fire last Monday.

I know there are a lot of other ways that you could help this situation and that there are a whole lot of other issues related to what happened last week that demand people's attention first, but this is a good way to help a lot of independent record labels, who, since you're reading this blog, I assume must be close to your area of interest.

basically, if you're music shopping, have a look at the lists compiled on the excellent Quietus page, or Nialler 9. They are lists of the labels and artists affected by this fire. As you can see, I am talking about this a little late, but I figured, since I have an audience, it might be a good thing to promote. Happy shopping!

No comments: